Saturday, February 2, 2008

Second Class

Digital McGyver in full effect. Today we got deep into selection functions and also how to save our selections. The bread and butter of photoshop like whoa. Some of it is really complicated but I'm sure it will become routine after a while. Im pretty stoked to get to work and apply the functions to my projects. Also, I think I'm gonna have to toy around with photoshop on my Dell to see what differences there are in the systems and photoshop versions. Some things I will probably be able to figure out on my own in photoshop, but I am all new to painter and that seems like its gonna be rich and uncharted territory for me. I get frustrated trying to color things by hand with markers because the color tones are hard to keep consistent. When the marker lines double up they become darker which is cool if you want to use that to your advantage to have variance, but if you want a solid color it is mad challenging and there is no history function for markers. I am hoping that there is a water color or ink wash function in painter because I like the random and dirty effect it gives. I can't wait to mess with light functions and learn how to do comicbook-like power and charge effects. Boo-yaa!!!

No comments: