Saturday, February 2, 2008

Questions and Answers

-Jacob Daniel Good
-I am computer literate to a certain extent and I am confident in my abilities to trouble-shoot and figure things out.
-My digital art experience is limited to my illustrator class in high school and what little experimentation that I have been doing with photoshop and illustrator in the last year or so.
-I wanted to take this class to develop a practical approach to computer art and to also be able to incorporate my analog art.
-My goals for this class are to create some successful projects and to essentially be able to accurately create what I had envisioned from the project's conception. Mainly, I want to feel confident in my ability to utilize my knowledge and to explore further techniques with an emphasis on time efficiency.
-Firstly, I would like to create a small comic strip that my father and I have been developing. I would like to create template images that can be shuffled around to accommodate future content in the strip's continuing episodes. Secondly, I would like to start working on a graphic novel that I have been conceptualizing for a few months.
-I am mostly familiar with PC's but I am excited to work with MAC's to be able to integrate my knowledge of the two systems.
-I do identify myself as an artist in that art is my creative intention. To me, art can be conceptual or visual, but both form begin with creative intention. If you do a painting, but you weren't intending to be art, then it isn't. My personal perspective is that the soul of a product can only be defined by the creator; just as the interpretation of something can only be determined by the viewer. If they differ, so be it.
-I will need to stand periodically during class to stretch and stay mentally fresh.

No comments: