Saturday, March 1, 2008

Animation

We are learning a animation function with painter that is cool, but it is also pretty marginal. I find it very difficult to keep the strokes aligned and steady with the wacom tablet. The wacom tablet is a really nice piece of technology.......I am just still getting used to using it and coming up with practical applications for its use. Mostly I have been using it to make letters and calligraphy glyphs. There is a straight-line function to use with the lines.....but you can't do any kicks at the start or at the end of the line. Besides, you cant use the pressure sensitivity either. The limitations of the straight-line function make it a futile path for my use. I want to start doing more color application to line drawings and see if I can't do a completed piece. I think it would look good to do a pencil sketch, color it in with painter, and then ink it by hand after I print it out. When I do digital art at home I notice some differences in the photoshop programs. The one that I use won't let me choose the grid-warp transformation tool........which is very useful when I am applying images together and want them to fit and flow. I better just get some fresh software when it comes time to get new hardware.........and that time is soon approaching.

No comments: